American College of Medical Practice Executives
Established in 1956, the American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE) is the standard-setting and certification body of the Medical Group Management Association. ACMPE offers board certification and Fellowship in medical practice management. ACMPE board-certified professionals and fellows are leading many of the nation’s best-performing medical practices.
MGMA Utah and ACMPE
The Utah Medical Group Management Association encourages its members to pursue certification and fellowship. Conferences and educational meetings are offered throughout the year to provide continuing education credits. Certification advancement and preparation seminars are offered at the annual UMGMA spring conference. UMGMA has volunteer certified members who are willing to offer advice and mentoring. UMGMA periodically offers local study groups for its members to study together in preparation for the exams. UMGMA also has a lending library of ACMPE certification related materials. If you have any questions please direct them to the UMGMA-ACMPE Forum Representative.
ACMPE Board Certification
Board certification is designed for individuals with at least two years of experience in healthcare management. See if you are ready to take the exam by considering these questions:
- Do you have two or more years of ambulatory or other healthcare management experience?
- Do you have at least six months of experience as a direct supervisor of people in a healthcare delivery system?
- Have you pursued continuing education in the field of healthcare management in the last year?
- Are you a current MGMA member?
Benefits of Attending The ACMPE
- Enhances your professional status by earning a nationally-recognized professional designation.
- Increases professional respect from physicians, peers and colleagues.
- Provides a distinct advantage over other candidates when seeking employment and promotions.
- Expands your network of medical practice executives who have chosen to excel in the profession.
Once you achieve ACMPE board certification, you are eligible to become a Fellow in the American College of Medical Practice Executives (FACMPE). Join your colleagues as a medical practice management thought leader by sharing your expertise and insights by making a contribution to the Body of Knowledge for Medical Practice Management.